We have a limited supply of charter boats available. In addition to the charter fee, the SCIRA Borrowed Boat insurance is required which costs $40 with a $250 damage deposit (check payable to SCIRA USA). You can pay the $40 fee online on the US Class website: https://snipeusa.com/register/regatta/BlnCBkBbXa/class
Charter boats will include a 2021 boat decal and a suit of sails. The fees for each available boat will be a function of the age, and condition of the boat and sails.
Charter Boat Process
- Contact Henry Filter at email@example.com / 410-991-9063
- Arrange for a specific boat
- Purchase the borrowed boat insurance online
- At registration, provide a $250 check for the damage deposit
- Check the boat out with the regatta representative, noting any existing issues (dings etc)
- After the event check the boat in with the regatta representative.
- Once checked in, if there is no damage, the check will be returned.
Note on sail numbers: If you choose not to use the supplied sails that match the hull number, you must insure you comply with class rule C.10.3 (b):
To be considered a valid entry: Crews may use the sail number of any hull which dues for the current year have been paid. In the case of a duplicate number, the owner of said number takes preference over the borrower/charterer.
What this means is if you borrow a suit of sails from someone else, you can not just take off one digit or modify a digit on the sail that does not correspond to a 2021 registered boat.